IDOT Central Bureau of Materials Job Opening
IDOT has an entry level position open at the Central Bureau of Materials. Please see the following details from IDOT regarding the opening:
Civil Engineer Trainee Job Opening in Materials at the Illinois Department of Transportation
The IDOT Central Bureau of Materials:
1. Is on the cutting edges of development, implementation, and evaluation of new materials and building concepts for Illinois.
2. Works closely with numerous universities in our region through the Illinois Center for Transportation as well as universities across the US on state-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice research projects.
3. Collaborates with all states across the US to implement and improve testing and construction materials standards through the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM).
4. Provides expert advice and engineering judgement on numerous construction projects every year.
5. Is responsible for and have written many of the specifications used by IDOT to build transportation infrastructure projects.
Those interested can view additional information about the job opening at: