Global CEE MS Program
Training tomorrow’s Global Engineers
Earn a master’s degree in CEE while gaining international experience and developing yourself as a leader.
The Global CEE program is designed to provide students with a foundation and a framework to develop the technical skills and tools needed to become effective engineering leaders and managers. As part of the program, students will:
- Intern at an international or U.S. civil or environmental engineering firm.
- Study abroad at a partner institution to expand technical knowledge and gain a global perspective on civil and environmental engineering.
Students who enter the program can expect to gain a variety of skills:
- Technical Skills: 36 hours of technical courses in civil and environmental engineering.
- Global Skills: cultural awareness, travel experience, language training, civil/environmental engineering in a global context.
- Leadership Skills: project management, communication, HR management, networking.
Areas of study:
- Construction Management
- Construction Materials
- Energy-Water-Environment Sustainability (EWES)
- Environmental Engineering & Science
- Environmental Hydrology & Hydraulic Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Societal Risk Management (SRM)
- Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructure Systems (SRIS)
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- 9-10 classes (36 credit hours) in CEE technical areas.
- Summer internship at a global civil or environmental engineering firm.
- Semester abroad: China (e.g. Tongji University, Tsinghua University, Hong Kong), Japan (e.g. University of Tokyo, Kyoto University), South Korea (e.g. KAIST), National Taiwan University, and others.
- Professional practice seminars with CEE Alumni and Corporate Partners.
Who is Eligible:
First year domestic or international MS students in CEE.
Complete the online form at http://go.illinois.edu/globalcee_apply
Include a copy of your current resume and a Statement of Interest.
October 1, 2016
For more information, contact:
Coordinator of International Programs in CEE
Professor Jeff Roesler
Associate Head for Graduate Affairs